Skip to main content

Know the things that are freely given to us of God

"Exploring I Corinthians 2 Part 3"

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 
(1Co 2:12-16)

If nobody told me about the Lord Jesus and what he's done for me, I would not know I had an inheritance in heaven. But even if somebody told me about it, I would not understand if I didn't have the Holy Ghost in me. And so a very important ministry that the Holy Spirit is doing is to explain to us, to let us know those things that are freely given to us of God. And what are those things? Oh there are plenty and every born again believer must work his way in the Word of God to discover them. Remember what the LORD said; you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free! If you didn't know the gift was for you, you wouldn't take it.

But the natural man does not receive the things of God for they are foolishness to him. The rational mind cannot know them because they are spiritually discerned. And so nobody is really capable of working his way towards "enlightenment" as others call it, because the natural mind does not have the capacity to understand spiritual things. God is spirit and the things of the spirit are revealed to us by the Spirit of God. Which things I also speak, not in the words of man's wisdom that is why other people are not able to relate to my writings.

For who has known the mind of the Lord that he (the Lord) may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ, that is why we can receive instruction from Him (the Lord). And we are able to compare spiritual things with spiritual. And we can judge which things are unclean. But we ourselves are not judged. For we have received grace in abundance, and peace and life. Which things are freely given to us of God who loves us so much as to call us His sons...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Genealogy and the Gospel of Christ

That I have been introduced to two individuals now who strongly subscribe to John Calvin’s doctrines has got me thinking seriously about this subject. And so for more than a couple of months now, my reading of the Scriptures has been greatly influenced and directed towards the subject of election and predestination and God’s exercise of His absolutely sovereign  will. The book of genealogies never appealed to me and I never really got any significance from it. But today as I read through those genealogies again, something hit me really strongly. The book of genealogies actually is evidence of the move of the mighty hand of God to preserve a people for Himself. In Genesis chapter 5, at verse 4 it says: “The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters.” I asked myself: What about the other sons and daughters were they not significant to God? The answer came rather quickly. They were all significant, but Seth was more significant because ...

Transcribing Kathryn Kuhlman

 "It means something to be a Christian. It means something to be born again. It’s something more than just shedding of your tears. It’s much more than just kneeling down and saying a prayer. This thing of being a Christian is a life; it’s an experience; it’s a day-by-day proposition. And you haven’t really learned how to live; you have no real purpose in life; there is no real purpose for you in living; until you have been born again." "It cost everything. If you really want to know the price; if you really want to know the price, I’ll tell you. It’d cost you everything. Kathryn Kuhlman died a long time ago. I know the day, I know the hour, I can go to the spot where Kathryn Kuhlman died. But you see for me it was easy; because I had nothing." "You can only know His perfect will, and He'll only make intercession for you before the Father's throne, seeking the will of God on your behalf, when you get to a place where you have no will of your own. And...

Strengthening ROL

There are many doctrines that we do not know about, and some of them I am also just learning right now. But they are not really necessary and I believe that a Christian doesn't need to know all of them because most of these doctrines are actually devices by the enemy. But we must be fully grounded in the truth so that we may be able to test each of these doctrines when they come around. I am confident that we have the Holy Spirit in us and so we know the truth. What we know cannot be wrong because we know whom we learned them from. It may be that we know only a few things, but these few things always align themselves to the truth because we have received them from the Spirit himself. The teaching that “once saved always saved” really doesn't hold and the doctrine easily crumbles at the words of our Lord in the beginning chapters of the book of Revelations: Rev 2:5   Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto t...