Skip to main content

Explaining Hope 2

Is there hope of life after death? A common answer would be, “I don’t know.” A minority would strongly say, “No.” But there is a burgeoning generation that would confidently affirm, “Yes there is.” I belong to that generation.

Science has been trying to prove/disprove it but is yet to come up with a final conclusion. And I believe science will never find the answer.

But man already knows it. God has set eternity in man’s heart. That’s why the heart of man knows that we are not just temporary beings, we are eternal beings. It’s just that many are in denial. When a person dies, people would say, “He’s gone.” But the body is still there. So they affirm that we are not just physical bodies, we are not just flesh and blood.

There is a spirit in man. And God himself has told that to man for He said, “the body counts for nothing it is the spirit that gives life.” And science will never be able to explain life because the life source is in the spiritual. And the spiritual realm is beyond the scope of science.

It is settled already in the scientific community that they will reject any reference to the supernatural. Notwithstanding, there is a minority group of scientists who dissent to this even if their careers are put at risk. Actually some have already been booted out of universities and research institutions just because they propose that there must be a Great Designer of the universe because the whole of it is just way too complex to have started and developed at random.

So how are we certain of the hope of life after death? It is faith that makes us certain. And faith also is based on accurate information. You wouldn’t go to the bank and withdraw money when you know that your account is empty. The same principle applies to faith.

The Apostle Paul did not know the Lord Jesus Christ until his encounter with Him. And that was the beginning of his faith in the Lord. A faith so confident he was willing to lay down his life for the Gospel. 

Before a person is truly converted to Christ, there must needs be an encounter with Him because faith is not just puffed up from our imagination. It is always based on our encounter with God. God reveals himself to those who honestly seek Him.

Every born again believer in Jesus Christ is secure in hope of life after this one. We are certain of it because we had an encounter with the Lord. We can’t prove it, we can only testify to it. And the world can only remain amazed at the transformation that happens in the lives of them that have been found by Christ, them that have surrendered their lives to Christ, them that acknowledge that Jesus is Master and King and Lord of their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Genealogy and the Gospel of Christ

That I have been introduced to two individuals now who strongly subscribe to John Calvin’s doctrines has got me thinking seriously about this subject. And so for more than a couple of months now, my reading of the Scriptures has been greatly influenced and directed towards the subject of election and predestination and God’s exercise of His absolutely sovereign  will. The book of genealogies never appealed to me and I never really got any significance from it. But today as I read through those genealogies again, something hit me really strongly. The book of genealogies actually is evidence of the move of the mighty hand of God to preserve a people for Himself. In Genesis chapter 5, at verse 4 it says: “The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters.” I asked myself: What about the other sons and daughters were they not significant to God? The answer came rather quickly. They were all significant, but Seth was more significant because ...

Transcribing Kathryn Kuhlman

 "It means something to be a Christian. It means something to be born again. It’s something more than just shedding of your tears. It’s much more than just kneeling down and saying a prayer. This thing of being a Christian is a life; it’s an experience; it’s a day-by-day proposition. And you haven’t really learned how to live; you have no real purpose in life; there is no real purpose for you in living; until you have been born again." "It cost everything. If you really want to know the price; if you really want to know the price, I’ll tell you. It’d cost you everything. Kathryn Kuhlman died a long time ago. I know the day, I know the hour, I can go to the spot where Kathryn Kuhlman died. But you see for me it was easy; because I had nothing." "You can only know His perfect will, and He'll only make intercession for you before the Father's throne, seeking the will of God on your behalf, when you get to a place where you have no will of your own. And...

Strengthening ROL

There are many doctrines that we do not know about, and some of them I am also just learning right now. But they are not really necessary and I believe that a Christian doesn't need to know all of them because most of these doctrines are actually devices by the enemy. But we must be fully grounded in the truth so that we may be able to test each of these doctrines when they come around. I am confident that we have the Holy Spirit in us and so we know the truth. What we know cannot be wrong because we know whom we learned them from. It may be that we know only a few things, but these few things always align themselves to the truth because we have received them from the Spirit himself. The teaching that “once saved always saved” really doesn't hold and the doctrine easily crumbles at the words of our Lord in the beginning chapters of the book of Revelations: Rev 2:5   Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto t...