Skip to main content

Born in Zion!

Abraham looked for a city...

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
(Heb 11:9-10)

But I was born there!


A Psalm or Song for the sons of Korah. His foundation is in the holy mountains. The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob. Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah. I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there. And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her. The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah. As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.
(Psa 87)

Are you born again?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transcribing Kathryn Kuhlman

 "It means something to be a Christian. It means something to be born again. It’s something more than just shedding of your tears. It’s much more than just kneeling down and saying a prayer. This thing of being a Christian is a life; it’s an experience; it’s a day-by-day proposition. And you haven’t really learned how to live; you have no real purpose in life; there is no real purpose for you in living; until you have been born again." "It cost everything. If you really want to know the price; if you really want to know the price, I’ll tell you. It’d cost you everything. Kathryn Kuhlman died a long time ago. I know the day, I know the hour, I can go to the spot where Kathryn Kuhlman died. But you see for me it was easy; because I had nothing." "You can only know His perfect will, and He'll only make intercession for you before the Father's throne, seeking the will of God on your behalf, when you get to a place where you have no will of your own. And...

The Genealogy and the Gospel of Christ

That I have been introduced to two individuals now who strongly subscribe to John Calvin’s doctrines has got me thinking seriously about this subject. And so for more than a couple of months now, my reading of the Scriptures has been greatly influenced and directed towards the subject of election and predestination and God’s exercise of His absolutely sovereign  will. The book of genealogies never appealed to me and I never really got any significance from it. But today as I read through those genealogies again, something hit me really strongly. The book of genealogies actually is evidence of the move of the mighty hand of God to preserve a people for Himself. In Genesis chapter 5, at verse 4 it says: “The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters.” I asked myself: What about the other sons and daughters were they not significant to God? The answer came rather quickly. They were all significant, but Seth was more significant because ...

The Operation of the Salvation of God

(Isa 1:2)  Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. (Isa 6:10)  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. (Rom 11:11)  I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (Rom 11:22)  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Rom 11:25)  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. (Rom 11:26...