Skip to main content

Abundance and Need

Material resource is important because it is the mechanism that allows us to accomplish things. And so if we don’t have money we cannot move. If the ministry didn’t have the money, it cannot move. We wouldn’t even be here if we didn’t have the money to spend for the transport. In fact we are working abroad because the money here is better than back home. And so money is important.

However, we should not be too concerned about money that it becomes a struggle already. Struggle with money is a trap by the Devil. And you will know when the Devil has caught you because everything will become heavy for you. And that’s where Satan wants you, he wants you burdened with all the troubles, with all the cares of this world. And getting out of that does not require that you get more money. Because you will get trapped in that situation again the very next time money runs out. And people tend to fight it by saving in the bank. That will not work. Why? Because trouble is gonna come. No matter how big your bank account is, trouble is gonna come to you. The Bible says so, for everyone shall be salted with fire.

In Philippians 4:12 The Apostle Paul says, I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

And so it doesn’t matter so much whether we have plenty or we have less. I wouldn’t be too concerned if some of you are in financial distress right now. Whether we are in abundance or in need, it does not really matter. Because plenty and hunger are each a challenge on their own. What matters is that we learn that secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. That secret is what we should be concerned about.

Even so, it should be enough for us to know that the good God who is our Father in heaven knows that we have need of money. It should be enough that we know that He knows. Because He is good and surely He shall supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Genealogy and the Gospel of Christ

That I have been introduced to two individuals now who strongly subscribe to John Calvin’s doctrines has got me thinking seriously about this subject. And so for more than a couple of months now, my reading of the Scriptures has been greatly influenced and directed towards the subject of election and predestination and God’s exercise of His absolutely sovereign  will. The book of genealogies never appealed to me and I never really got any significance from it. But today as I read through those genealogies again, something hit me really strongly. The book of genealogies actually is evidence of the move of the mighty hand of God to preserve a people for Himself. In Genesis chapter 5, at verse 4 it says: “The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters.” I asked myself: What about the other sons and daughters were they not significant to God? The answer came rather quickly. They were all significant, but Seth was more significant because ...

Transcribing Kathryn Kuhlman

 "It means something to be a Christian. It means something to be born again. It’s something more than just shedding of your tears. It’s much more than just kneeling down and saying a prayer. This thing of being a Christian is a life; it’s an experience; it’s a day-by-day proposition. And you haven’t really learned how to live; you have no real purpose in life; there is no real purpose for you in living; until you have been born again." "It cost everything. If you really want to know the price; if you really want to know the price, I’ll tell you. It’d cost you everything. Kathryn Kuhlman died a long time ago. I know the day, I know the hour, I can go to the spot where Kathryn Kuhlman died. But you see for me it was easy; because I had nothing." "You can only know His perfect will, and He'll only make intercession for you before the Father's throne, seeking the will of God on your behalf, when you get to a place where you have no will of your own. And...

The Operation of the Salvation of God

(Isa 1:2)  Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. (Isa 6:10)  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. (Rom 11:11)  I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (Rom 11:22)  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Rom 11:25)  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. (Rom 11:26...