Skip to main content

We are able.

Mat 20:22-23 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

It's so wonderful how God made everything easy for us. In context, the baptism the Lord is talking about is his passion, the death by crucifixion. He asked His disciples, Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? And they answered, we are able. A foolish answer you might say but true. And so the Lord said, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with.

The Apostle Paul explains in Rom 6:3-4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? (4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

And so by water baptism, we are baptized with the baptism that the LORD was baptized with. He made everything easy for us wherein he took all the suffering and made us partakers of that, not making us undergo the same sufferings but just the submersion of the body in the water.

The requirement is that we believe: Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

And baptism saves the principle being: 1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And the promise being: Gal 3:27-29 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So much with the "Sinner's Prayer" or the "Prayer of Salvation." Faith has to come with action.  It is through Baptism that we receive Christ. It is the prophetic act that lets the Word of God come to pass in the life of a person receiving Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transcribing Kathryn Kuhlman

 "It means something to be a Christian. It means something to be born again. It’s something more than just shedding of your tears. It’s much more than just kneeling down and saying a prayer. This thing of being a Christian is a life; it’s an experience; it’s a day-by-day proposition. And you haven’t really learned how to live; you have no real purpose in life; there is no real purpose for you in living; until you have been born again." "It cost everything. If you really want to know the price; if you really want to know the price, I’ll tell you. It’d cost you everything. Kathryn Kuhlman died a long time ago. I know the day, I know the hour, I can go to the spot where Kathryn Kuhlman died. But you see for me it was easy; because I had nothing." "You can only know His perfect will, and He'll only make intercession for you before the Father's throne, seeking the will of God on your behalf, when you get to a place where you have no will of your own. And...

The Operation of the Salvation of God

(Isa 1:2)  Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. (Isa 6:10)  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. (Rom 11:11)  I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (Rom 11:22)  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Rom 11:25)  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. (Rom 11:26...

Strengthening ROL

There are many doctrines that we do not know about, and some of them I am also just learning right now. But they are not really necessary and I believe that a Christian doesn't need to know all of them because most of these doctrines are actually devices by the enemy. But we must be fully grounded in the truth so that we may be able to test each of these doctrines when they come around. I am confident that we have the Holy Spirit in us and so we know the truth. What we know cannot be wrong because we know whom we learned them from. It may be that we know only a few things, but these few things always align themselves to the truth because we have received them from the Spirit himself. The teaching that “once saved always saved” really doesn't hold and the doctrine easily crumbles at the words of our Lord in the beginning chapters of the book of Revelations: Rev 2:5   Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto t...